Header Ads

Man begs court to dissolve 20-year-old marriage

Gafaru Rodoye asked Igando Customary Court in Lagos to dissolve his 20-year-old marriage 
– “My wife always rapes me; she had turned all my boxers to rags to achieve her selfish aim.” 
– Idiat Rodoye denied all the allegations and said that her husband was a womaniser Gafaru Rodoye, a retired soldier, has pleaded with Igando Customary Court in Lagos to dissolve his 20-year-old marriage, The Nation reports. 

The petitioner told the court that his wife, Idiat, with whom he had five children, raped him and was constantly beating him. 
“My wife always rapes me; she had turned all my boxers to rags to achieve her selfish aim.” 

“I had to run away from my 16-flat building to rent an apartment elsewhere just to avoid her frequent beatings, but she trailed me to my new apartment to fight me. “I have reported her severally to different police stations, but it did not yield any positive result,” he said. 
Gafaru told the court that once she even poured hot water on his new wife that was brought for him from the village by his family. Begging the court to end his marriage, the man confessed that he was no longer in love with his wife. 

“Please, separate us before my wife kills me, my life is not safe with her, I am a pensioner, I need to enjoy the fruit of my labour,” he said. Meanwhile, a 44-year-old Idiat Rodoye denied all the allegations levelled against her and said that her husband was a womaniser. 

“My husband runs after anything in skirt; he always sends me packing from the house whenever he wants to bring in another woman. “He once sent me out with the children for three years. After sending me out, he had married six different women, but none stayed long with him. He will always come back to beg me to pack back,’’ she said.
Idiat told the court that she had never raped her husband, adding that it was normal for husband and wife to make love. 

The mother of five said that it was her husband that was beating her. She also begged the court to dissolve their marriage as she was too tired and did not love Gafaru anymore. Adegboyega Omilola, the court president, adjourned the case to April 5 for further hearing.

No comments